Salads rule! Here is one more awesome option, with baked beets, pear, goat cheese, and, a special star of the meal… glazed garlic cloves!
6-7 small beets, 1 small pear, 120 g goat cheese, 10-12 walnuts, 8-10 garlic cloves, rocket salad or rucola leaves, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, sugar, honey, black pepper.
- Wrap washed beetroots and pear in aluminum foil and bake for about 1hour 20 min in the oven at 180 degrees. When time comes, take veggies out, unwrap and let them cool down.
- To glaze the garlic, first, boil peeled garlic cloves in a sufficient amount of water for 10 min. The second step is to get rid of all the water and fry the same garlic in the same saucepan with a help of olive oil. I have also added cumin seeds to the oil, since they give an amazing flavor. Once the cloves get light brown skin add some hot water to cover it up, mix in 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp of sugar. Let the garlic simmer in the mixture for about 10 min more.
- While dealing with garlic you can slightly roast the goat cheese as well. Let everyone in this salad get their share of the oven.
- However, let’s not roast the rocket. Rocket or rucola salad just wash and place into the salad bowl, to anticipate the dressing
- For a smooth delicious dressing mix rigorously 2 tbsps of olive oil, 1 tsp of honey, 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, salt, and fresh black pepper.
- To assemble the salad, cover the salad leaves with some dressing first. Then, without a doubt, add chopped baked beetroots, pear and garlic cloves, decorate all with wonderful goat cheese and walnuts. Sprinkle the dressing on top generously. Serve with a smile!;)